- Seven years of experience as a game designer with experience in all areas, including creating and maintaining game design documents, level creation, level population, mission scripting, enemy AI scripting, cinematic scripting.
- Writer for the StarCraft: Frontline manga anthologies.
- Three shipped titles, including one of the highest rated movie tie-in games released for the Nintendo DS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experienced in working with licensed titles such as StarCraft, Lord of the Rings, and The Incredible Hulk.
- Excels at learning and mastering design tools, especially level editors
- Proficient with SCRUM and agile development methodologies
- Encyclopedic knowledge of pop and geek culture.
BA in Radio, Television and Film (emphasis on screenwriting and film production), 2000
University of Texas at Austin, College of Communications
Fizz Factor – Level Designer, Lead Designer (May 2008 – Present)
Land of the Lost DS (2.5 D sidescrolling platformer/brawler) – Lead Designer
- Created a Game Design Document and preliminary designs for the game based on the upcoming movie
- Coordinated with art and programming leads to create the first playable and prototyping phases.
The Tale of Despereaux DS (2.5 D sidescrolling platformer/adventure) – Level Designer
- Level conception and level geometry creation.
- Created levels first in Adobe Illustrator and then in Maya.
- Populated levels using a proprietary level editor
- Created and scripted puzzles, events and boss encounters.
Amaze Entertainment – Level Designer (December 2006 – May 2008)
Incredible Hulk DS (sidescrolling platformer/ brawler)
- Scripted enemy AIs and boss behaviors in Lua.
Legend of Spyro DS (3D platformer/brawler)
- Created level collision for a fully 3D Spyro game in Maya.
- Populated enemies, pick-ups, etc. using a proprietary editor
- Scripted special cut scenes and events based on puzzle solutions in game.
Gizmondo Studios TX – Designer (November 2004 – January 2006)
Hit & Myth (3D overhead shooter – completed, but unreleased )
- Population and polish of levels in an overhead, Robotron-style shooter
Johnny Whatever (3D action adventure game – unreleased)
- Population, puzzle and mission scripting
- Cinematic scripting for in-game cinematics and music sequences.
Warthog Texas – Designer (February 2003 – November 2004)
Conquest: Frontier Wars 2 (RTS – unreleased)
- Designed new units, including a new playable faction for use in the sequel to the PC game
- Crafted a story to carry the player through all the campaigns of all four factions.
Shadows of Mordor (PC RPG – unreleased)
- Created the combat and character leveling system consistent with the Lord of the Rings license.
- Scripted encounters and missions using Python
- Created levels using a proprietary level editing tool
- Wrote and maintained game design documentation
- Created fiction to fit the events of the RPG within the overall scope of the Lord of the Rings trilogy
Feverpitch Studios – Designer (April 2002 – February 2003)
War of the Ring (RTS – unreleased)
- Created technology trees and units for an RTS based on the Lord of the Rings books
- Created and maintained a game design documentation
- Fully proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, Maya, Photoshop, Visio and Illustrator.
- Versed in the scripting languages Python and Lua
- Familiar with Unreal and Hammer editors as well as a host of proprietary level editing tools